Monday, June 30, 2014

All-Around Good For You Smoothie Recipe

First of all, I need to apologize/explain for the lack of posts. I did not have internet for about a week and a half so I am very sorry for the absence.

I am a huge fan of smoothies for breakfast and I usually eat them after I work out, so I need a lot of nutrients in my smoothies to replenish my body (I also have a smoothie recipe for a green smoothie that tastes good, here). This smoothie is a little higher in calories than the green smoothie, but it's good for someone that isn't ready to risk a leafy green smoothie.

**This recipe makes one serving**

What You Need:

1/2 of a banana (if it's a small banana like the one I used, use about 3/4 of it)
1/2 cup of strawberries
2 tablespoons of oats
1 tablespoon of peanut butter
1/2 cup of milk (I used coconut milk)
Tip: If you're using coconut or almond milk, you may want to add a tablespoon or two of yogurt to thicken up the consistency of the smoothie)
Optional: 1 teaspoon of honey for sweetness.

How-To:

  • Step 1: Add the banana and half cup of strawberries to the blender or magic bullet cup.

  • Step 2: Add 1/2 cup of milk

  • Step 3: Add two tablespoons of oats

  • Step 4: Add 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (If you want to add honey, also add a teaspoon of honey here)

  • Step 5: Blend until smooth


This recipe makes a little over 1 cup: 



Nutrition Information:
Total Fat (g) : 12
Saturated Fat (g): 3
Cholesterol (mg): 0
Sodium (mg): 0
Potassium (mg): 362
Total Carbs (g): 63
Dietary Fiber (g): 8
Sugars (g): 37 **remember, most of this is natural sugar from the fruits, so it's healthy sugar**
Protein (g): 7
Vitamin A: 21%*
Vitamin C: 25%*
Calcium: 24%*
Iron: 7%*

Total Calories: 295

*Percent Daily Values vary from person to person.

No comments:

Post a Comment